Arbor Vitae Town Office
10675 Big Arbor Vitae Dr
Arbor Vitae WI 54568

Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Sat-Sun: Closed

Phone: 715.356.3120
Fax: 715.356.1071

Location Map Here


Follow Us On Facebook


Syndicate content

User login

Event Calendar

« May 2013 »

Upcoming events


How Will You Most likely Use Our New Web Site:

November 19, 2014 meeting minutes


TOWN OF ARBOR VITAE  - General Meeting - November 19, 2014

ANNUAL BUDGET HEARING: Chairman Bauers called the Annual Budget Hearing to order at 7:00PM and went over the proposed budget to the electors.


SPECIAL TOWN MEETING OF ELECTORS: Chairman Bauers called the Special Town Meeting of Electors to order at 7:04PM. Motion by Judy Bauers, second by Dan Reuland to approve the total 2015 highway expenditures as presented. Motion carried. Motion by Dan Reuland, second by Judy Bauers to adopt the 2014 town tax levy to be paid in 2015. Motion carried. Motion by Dan Reuland, second by Judy Bauers to approve the wages for elected officials as presented. Motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 7:08PM.


SPECIAL TOWN BOARD MEETING: Chairman Bauers called the Special Town Board meeting to order. Motion by Held, second by Perry to adopt the 2015 budget as presented. Unanimously approved. The meeting adjourned at 7:09PM.


CALL TO ORDER: Chairman Bauers called the general meeting to order at 7:00PM. It had been properly posted and the media notified.


ROLL CALL: Present Frank Bauers, Jeff Hunter, Richard Held, Steve Perry and Brian Nerdahl. 4 others were also present.   


AGENDA: Motion by Held, second by Perry to approve the agenda.  Motion carried.


MINUTES:  Motion by Hunter, second by Bauers to approve the minutes of the October 15th, 2014 meeting. Motion carried. Motion by Perry, second by Nerdahl to approve the minutes of the November 5th, 2014 meeting after amending the date of the next general meeting. Motion carried. Motion by Nerdahl, second by Held to approve the minutes of the November 12th Special Town Board meeting with the DNR. Motion carried.


TREASURER’S REPORT:  The October report was reviewed by the board. Motion by Held, second by Hunter to approve the report. Motion carried.


PUBLIC COMMENTS / CORRESPONDENCE: 1) Todd Morgan wanted to know why the Brandy Park Agreement wasn’t on the agenda? 2) Morgans were also concerned about the Hwy 51 project and how that will affect Brandy Lake and the cleanup of the milfoil. If the Hwy 51 project moves forward the DOT should work with the DNR to control any further problems.


BRANDY LAKE SPONSORSHIP FOR AQUATIC INVASIVES CLEANUP: There has been reports of aquatic invasives in Brandy Lake and they do not have a lake association. In order for them to receive the 75% funding for the project cleanup from the DNR they need to have a sponsor until they are a qualified lake association. Motion by Bauers, second by Nerdahl to act as sponsors for Brandy Lake so they receive the 75% funding from the DNR and the other 25% will be paid by the residents on the lake. Unanimously approved.


BUILDING REPORT:  2- houses $128,000.00, 2-storage unit $198,825.00, 1-addition $2,500.00, 1-demo $500.00,     Month’s total $329,825.00.  Year’s total $7,765,110.00.


APPROVE CHECKS & VOUCHERS:  Checks 36598 to 36676 were approved for November in the amount of $428,054.93.  


ADJOURNMENT: The meeting adjourned at 7:40PM. The next general meeting is December 3rd, 2014.